Forged steel balls
The company's leading products fall into three categories: 1、 Main power industry products; 2、 Special accessories for auxiliary equipment of power station; 3、 Main products of metallurgical mining industry
Forged steel balls have good surface quality, good impact resistance, strong toughness, good wear resistance, and are not easy to break and lose roundness. We use the method of forging and stamping, which is to heat the metal until the temperature reaches 1050ºC (±50ºC), and use forging machinery to apply pressure to the metal blank to produce plastic deformation to obtain a processing method of forgings with certain mechanical properties, certain shapes and sizes.
Forging can eliminate defects such as loose casting in the smelting process, optimize the microstructure structure, and generally better than castings of the same material due to the preservation of complete metal streamlines. Forged steel balls must be wear-resistant materials, or high-efficiency wear-resistant alloy steel materials independently developed by some companies.
We use the steel produced by the national super large steel mill, the same material, the quality produced in different steel mills is also uneven, and the quality of forgings 80% depends on the quality of the material, such as the use of high manganese steel, good impact resistance, strong toughness, good wear resistance, not easy to break. Forged steel balls are favored by users because of their cheap, economical and durable characteristics, such as international mining giants Rio Tinto, BHP Billiton, Anglo Gold, etc. all use forged steel balls.
Forged steel balls are dimensionally accurate, highly round, hard, and have mechanical properties. It is wear-resistant, not easy to deform and break. It can be fully reflected by the overall high hardness, the surface hardness is as high as 57HRC to 67HRC, the volume hardness is as high as 56HRC to 64HRC, the hardness distribution is uniform, the impact toughness is greater than 12J/cm2, the damage rate is low, the skin fragment resistance exceeds 20,000 times, and the actual breakage rate is not more than 1%, close to 0.
We made a comparison between cast steel balls and our forged steel balls, and the results of the two in domestic iron ore plants were 0.9 kg/ton and 0.6 kg/ton respectively. From the data, we can see that using forged steel balls, the consumption of one ton of ore wear is reduced by 33.3%.
Forged steel balls
1. Production process of rotary cut steel balls
Raw material inspection - intermediate frequency furnace heating - rotary cutting into balls - quenching treatment - tempering treatment - testing - packaging
2. Forged steel ball production process
Raw material inspection - blanking - intermediate frequency furnace heating - forging (roll forging) into balls - quenching treatment - tempering treatment - testing - packaging
Three. Mechanical properties of wear-resistant steel balls
|STEEL BALL DIAMETER
|Type A material||Type B material||C-type material||Type D material|
|Surface hardness||Inner hardness||Impact value||Surface hardness||Inner hardness||Impact value||Surface hardness||Inner hardness||Impact value||Surface hardness||Inner hardness||Impact value|
1. Each hardness is to ensure that it is not broken, as far as possible or according to customer requirements.
2. The wear-resistant steel ball falling ball impact fatigue test adopts a steel ball with a diameter of 100mm, and the test results on the standard height of 7.5 meters testing machine, the impact fatigue life of a steel ball with a diameter of 100mm is more than 10000 times. The number of impact fatigue times of steel balls of other models is converted according to the following formula.
N and D are the fatigue test times and diameter of the test steel ball, respectively.
4. The steel ball impact fatigue test shall be in accordance with the management regulations of the steel ball drop test
Steel ball product quality inspection and inspection method regulations
One. Steel ball product quality inspection regulations
1. The surface of the steel ball for ball mill shall not have cracks, slag inclusions, overburning, serious folding visible to the naked eye, and shall not have hollow and explosive phenomena. If it is found that the fire phenomenon accounts for 5% of the total weight, it should be reported to the relevant leaders in time.
2. The surface of the steel ball is allowed to have local meat deficiency, hemp pits, pits, roll forged steel ball depth shall not be greater than 3mm, forged steel ball depth shall not be greater than the allowable tolerance size of the steel ball diameter, and its length shall not be greater than 30% of the steel ball diameter.
3. The surface of the decorative steel ball shall not have cracks, slag inclusions, overburning and folding, and no defects such as pockmarks and convex concaves are allowed.
4. The dimensional tolerance of the steel ball is shown in the following table 4:
|Nominal diameter (mm)||Dimensional tolerance(mm)||Roundness (%)|
|Wear-resistant balls||Wear-resistant balls|
Two. Steel ball product quality inspection method:
1. The steel ball blanking blank is weighed with an electronic scale, and the weight should comply with Table 1. The blank is not allowed to have bevels and stubble and cutting slag that affect the quality of the forged steel ball, and is not allowed to have more than 5mm depression. Repair materials with sharp stubble and defective materials.
2. The surface quality of the steel ball is checked with the naked eye.
3. The size and defects of the steel ball are measured with vernier calipers, and the defective parts of the steel ball should be avoided when measuring.
4. The surface hardness of the steel ball is determined by 4 points per steel ball according to GB230-2004 "Metal Rockwell Hardness Test Method", and the arithmetic mean is calculated.
Three. Steel ball product acceptance:
1. The quality inspection of steel balls is self-inspected by each workshop, and the quality inspection department is sampled, and the demander also has the right to carry out inspection.
Wear resistant steel bar / Cast steel balls / Forged steel balls